By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on June 11, 2007 1:48 PM
WILSON -- Four Snow Hill Post 94 pitchers combined on a four-hitter in a 1-0 win over American Legion rival Wilson Post 13 at historic Fleming Stadium on Sunday.
Robert Tyndall (1-0) picked up his first win of the season by throwing three shutout innings. Drew Sowers pitched a scoreless ninth for the save.
Lance Murray drove home the only run for Snow Hill with an RBI single in the seventh inning.
Kyle Harmon pitched six shutout innings for Post 13.
Snow Hill (6-0 overall) opens its Area I East South Division schedule Tuesday at long-time nemesis Wayne County Post 11. Game time is 7 p.m. at Mount Olive College.
Dixie Youth Majors
Wayne Country Day 10, Rosewood 3 -- Wayne County Day opened tournament play with a first round victory over Rosewood. Cody Neal and Dare Uzzell combined for 11 strikeouts on the mound. At the plate, Neal had two hits including a home run and Cole Davis had two hits, one a double. Uzzell added a triple for Wayne Country Day. Wayne Country Day (8-5 overall) will play in the second round today at 6 p.m. versus the Rosewood A's.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series