Snow Hill unbeaten no more
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on June 15, 2007 1:47 PM
SNOW HILL -- Edenton Post 40 put the first blemish on Snow Hill Post 94's record with a 16-4 victory Thursday evening.
Post 40 broke the game open with a fourth-inning, seven-run uprising and dealt Post 94 its first loss in eight outings this season. It was an Area I East non-division game.
Eastern Wayne graduate Taylor Sutton, who has signed with Lenoir Community College, endured the mound loss. The right-hander was also victimized by a defense which committed a season-high five errors.
At the plate, Justin Bagley scored two runs and finished 2-for-4 on the night. Tyler Chase also had two hits in three plate appearances.
Snow Hill (7-1 overall) is the guest of Area I East newcomer Edgecombe County tonight.
Bud Robertson will be on the mound for Snow Hill.
Edenton (2-2) evened its regular-season series with Post 94.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series