By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on June 27, 2007 1:47 PM
KINSTON -- Unplayable field conditions forced the postponement of Tuesday's Carolina League doubleheader between Salem and Kinston.
The Kinston grounds crew worked until mid-afternoon to remove standing water left over from Monday evening's rainstorm. The games were deemed unsalvageable around 2:15 p.m.
The teams will make up the games when the Avalanche returns to historic Grainger Stadium for a series Aug. 13-16. Two doubleheaders will be played during that four-day stretch with a start time of 5 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series