Mudcats game suspended
Published in Sports on July 2, 2007 1:48 PM
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. -- One out away from a nine-inning victory, Carolina's game at Chattanooga on Sunday afternoon was suspended by rain.
The Mudcats took a 1-0 lead in the top of the ninth inning on a single by Lee Mitchell, which scored Rex Rundgren from second as a major storm loomed.
As the heavy rains began falling, Mudcats closer Chris Mobley recorded two outs and issued a walk before throwing two balls against Luis Bolivar before the umpiring crew could wait no longer in asking for the tarp. Following a 55-minute rain delay, the game was suspended until 6 p.m. today.
The teams will play a regularly-scheduled, nine-inning contest upon conclusion of the suspended game.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series