Snow Hill falls at New Bern
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on July 5, 2007 1:48 PM
NEW BERN -- New Bern Post 24 hurler Keith Spinner threw his third consecutive complete game, a 9-2 decision over Snow Hill Post 94 in an Area I East South Division contest Wednesday evening.
Spinner, a rising sophomore at Pitt Community College, allowed two runs on nine hits and threw 113 pitches. New Bern (9-6 overall) collected its fifth straight victory and remained tied with Wayne County atop the South Division standings at 6-2.
Snow Hill's Will Rhem slugged a solo home run in the second inning.
Post 24 responded with a nine-run, fourth-inning uprising. Two errors and Chris Dorman's RBI single put New Bern up 3-1. Matt Hardeman delivered a two-RBI single and Brett Williams clubbed a three-run home run.
Jerome Herrington finished the offensive onslaught with an RBI double.
Lance Murray and Tyler Chase rapped back-to-back doubles to account for Snow Hill's final run. Post 94 dropped to 9-7 and 2-5 against South Division opposition.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series