Snow Hill wins big
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on July 6, 2007 1:48 PM
WASHINGTON -- Eastern Wayne graduate Taylor Sutton clubbed a home run and drove in four runs as Snow Hill Post 94 seized a 17-8, non-division victory Thursday evening at Beaufort's expense.
Sutton concluded the game 2-for-2 as Snow Hill reached the 10-win mark for the season. Teammates Justin Bagley, Lance Murray and Jordan Corbett contributed three hits apiece.
Robert Tyndall threw four scoreless innings and notched four strikeouts for the mound win.
Post 94 is the guest of Area I East South Division rival Pitt County Post 39 on Saturday.
Dixie Youth 14U baseball
Wayne County Boys & Girls Club 12, Mar Mac Blue 5 -- Nick Lacombe (3-1) tossed a three-hitter and fanned six Blue batters in a four-inning stint. Hunter Newsome tripled and doubled for Wayne County, which broke the game open with a fifth-inning, seven-run outburst. Lacombe, Matthew Corbett, Justin Baldwin and Cole Newsome also provided hits in the win.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series