Wayne County Post 11 at home tonight
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on July 16, 2007 1:48 PM
MOUNT OLIVE -- Wayne County Post 11 begins its quest for the Area I East Division championship at home this evening.
Post 11, the No. 2 seed from the South, entertains Nash County Post 58 at 7 p.m. in game one of their best-of-three series.
The teams play Tuesday at Rocky Mount Academy and return to Scarborough Field for an "if" game on Wednesday.
Wayne County (13-4) dropped its final two games in regular-season play, and has not won an opening-round postseason series since 2004.
Nash County, directed by second-year head coach Lance Peck, logged an 8-2 worksheet against North Division opponents. Post 58 is led by pitcher Zach Woodley, who is scheduled to take the mound this evening. Adam Hodges is slated to pitch in game two.
Post 11 coach Brad Reaves said that right-hander T.J. Hinson, a rising sophomore at Lenoir Community College, will start tonight. Hinson is 4-2 overall with a team-leading 2.16 ERA.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series