Post 11 washed out
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on July 18, 2007 1:47 PM
Early-evening thunderstorms dumped just enough rain to postpone or suspend contests in the Area I East Division playoffs on Tuesday evening.
South Division runner-up Wayne County (14-4 overall) returns to Nash County Post 58 today for a 7 p.m. meeting. Wayne County leads the series 1-0 and is seeking its first Area I East crown since 2004.
North Division champion Edenton visits Pitt County 39 again after rain suspended the scoreless contest in the third inning. Pitt County 160 led Wilson 4-0 when rain suspended their game at South Central.
New Bern wrapped up its series with another 6-4, rain-shortened win over Beaufort. Post 24 is the South Division's top seed.
Thursday is the final day first-round series can be completed. The Area I East semifinals, a best-of-five series, begins Friday at the higher seed.
All games begin at 7 p.m. today.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series