Wayne County Bobcats off to 2-0 start in Cooperstown
Published in Sports on July 30, 2007 1:47 PM
COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. -- Jacob Sasser slugged two home runs and Adam Pate added a round-tripper as the Wayne County Bobcats 12U baseball team dumped Reading (N.J.) Rampage 15-2 at Cooperstown Dreamspark on Sunday evening.
Sasser provided three hits in four at-bats for Wayne County, which emerged one of 28 teams to finish first-day action unbeaten at 2-0. Pate contributed three hits and combined with Greg Johnson for the pitching win.
Taylor Raynor batted 2-for-3. Johnson, Justin Lee, Reid Howell and Dillon Smith supplied one hit apiece.
Wayne County started pool play with a 10-2 conquest of Amherst (Ohio) Comets. Zack Harold and Smith combined for the pitching win, while Pate belted two home runs.
Logan Brown homered in a 2-for-3 effort. Sasser, Lee and Josh Edwards delivered one hit apiece.
Wayne County played the Arlington (Ill.) Thoroughbreds at 8:30 this morning and opposes the Atkinson (N.H.) Bulldogs at 7 p.m. Coach Chad Pate's team continues pool play Tuesday against Pickering (Canada) Red Sox and Chester County (Pa.) Crawdads.
The Bobcats conclude pool play Wednesday against the CNY Pioneers American team.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series