K-Tribe blanks Myrtle Beach
Published in Sports on August 1, 2007 1:47 PM
KINSTON -- Four Kinston pitchers combined for a three-hit shutout in a 2-0 conquest of Southern Division rival Myrtle Beach on Tuesday evening.
Sung-Wei Tseng allowed all three hits in a five-inning stint, and seized his fourth decision this season. Relievers Ryan Edell, Neil Wagner and Scott Roehl combined for four innings of hitless relief. Roehl threw a perfect ninth for his Carolina League-leading 19th save.
Roehl completed July with a 1-0 record and 8-for-8 effort in save chances.
Kinston plated the lone run it needed in the third inning. Jerad Head drew a lead-off walk and moved to second on Jose Constanza's bunt. Brian Finegan advanced Head to third with a single. Head scored when Stephen Head hit a flare to center field that deflected off the glove of the Pelicans' Jordan Schafer.
Armando Camacaro provided a two-out RBI double in the sixth.
The teams conclude their three-game series tonight at historic Grainger Stadium. Steven Wright will take the mound for the K-Tribe, which has a two-game lead over Myrtle Beach in the second-half Southern Division race.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series