Bobcats fall at Cooperstown
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 2, 2007 1:48 PM
COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. -- Jacob Perks threw a complete-game shutout as the Hanover (Va.) Nationals ousted the Wayne County Bobcats 7-0 from weekly tournament play at Cooperstown Dreamspark on Wednesday evening.
Perks slugged a home run for the Nationals, which became the only team to hold the high-scoring Bobcats scoreless. Wayne County outscored the opposition 82-10 in seven pool-play games and smacked 15 home runs.
The Bobcats, who finished 6-2, started the day with a 17-0 shellacking of the CNY Pioneers American team in their final pool-play game. Jacob Sasser and Adam Pate each clubbed a three-run home run, while Dylan Smith added a solo homer.
Pate, Smith and Zack Harrell concluded the five-inning affair with three hits apiece. Sasser, Greg Johnson and Justin Lee each contributed two hits. Winning pitcher Reid Howell and Josh Edwards each provided one hit.
Howell threw a complete-game four-hitter and fanned four CNY batters.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series