K-Tribe beats back Pelicans
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 9, 2007 1:48 PM
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -- Josh Rodriguez homered for the third consecutive game and Frank Herrmann tossed seven strong innings in Kinston's 4-3 conquest of Myrtle Beach on Wednesday evening.
Rodriguez's third-inning homer, a two-run blast, knotted the contest at 2-2. It was Rodriguez's 15th round-tripper of the season and boosted his RBI total to 68, third-best in the Carolina League.
Matt Whitney's fifth-inning solo, his second in as many days, shot broke the 2-2 deadlock. Jared Goedert (2-for-3) accounted for Kinston's final run on an RBI single shortly after Whitney's homer.
Herrmann (8-5) notched five strikeouts and allowed three earned runs on six hits. Kevin Dixon provided two innings of one-hit relief for his first save of the season.
Jairo Cuevas (6-10) took the loss for the Pelicans.
The teams conclude their four-game seris today.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series