K-Tribe destroys Keys
Published in Sports on August 20, 2007 1:47 PM
FREDERICK, Md. -- Frank Herrmann scattered six hits in an eight-inning stint as Kinston pounded Frederick 12-0 on Sunday afternoon.
Herrmann notched four strikeouts and emerged the fourth K-Tribe hurler to record 10 victories this season. It's the first time since 1988 that four pitchers have each won 10 more games.
Kinston bashed the Frederick pitching staff for a series-high 15 hits and scored at least one run in seven of nine innings. Matt Whitney and Armando Camacaro each slugged a home run, while John Drennen batted 3-for-4.
Whitney, Camacaro, Jose Constanza and Dustin Realini contributed two hits apiece. The quartet factored into a five-run, eighth-inning outburst that sealed Kinston's road win.
Frederick starter Brandon Erbe (6-8) suffered his third loss against the K-Tribe this season.
Kinston begins a stretch of six home games in the next seven days -- its final homestand in regular-season play. The K-Tribe entertains Potomac today through Wednesday. They'll take Thursday off and begin a three-game series against Frederick on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series