MOC men's soccer ranked number seven
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on August 29, 2007 1:48 PM
MOUNT OLIVE -- Mount Olive College is ranked No. 7 in this week's NSCAA/Adidas Southeast Region men's soccer poll.
The ranking marks the fourth consecutive year the Trojans have earned regional recognition.
Mount Olive (2-0-0 overall) opened its season with a pair of wins in the annual Sleep Inn Classic at newly-named Ray and Chris Amon Field. The Trojans defeated in-state member Warren Wilson 3-0 on Friday and hammered Southern Virginia 7-2 on Saturday.
The Trojans earned their first-ever regional ranking in 2004, tying for fourth in the year-end poll. They earned their highest ranking in 2005, peaking at No. 1 in the region and No. 7 in the national top 25.
Mount Olive concluded last season ranked No. 8 in the final poll.
The Trojans return to action at home today against in-state rival Chowan University. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. at Amon Field and is part of a doubleheader with the women's team.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series