Mount Olive golfers perform well
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on September 11, 2007 1:47 PM
ANDERSON, S.C. -- Mount Olive College golfers Jonathan Greene and Kate Moberg finished tied for third and second, respectively, during opening-round play of the Anderson University Men's and Women's Golf Invite contested Monday afternoon.
Greene carded a 3-under 69, which is the third-lowest round in MOC history. The former Wayne Christian standout helped the Trojans post a team score of 291, good enough for third place in the nine-team field.
Greene shot even par on the front nine and 3-under on the backside. He came within one stroke of matching his career-best round, and is just two strokes behind the overall leader.
Former Aycock standout Ryan Campbell (73) and Pete Skirpstas (73) are tied for 11th. Mick Moberg (76) is tied for 24th and Brad Alford (78) is tied for 34th.
On the women's side, Moberg fired a 76, the second-lowest score in MOC history, as the Trojans compiled a team score of 347. Moberg shot 38 on the front and back nine, and trails the leader by seven strokes.
Kristen Freeman (81) is tied for 13th overall. Deborah Woodard (92) is 32nd, followed by former Charles B. Aycock standout Brooke Newell (98) and Kristi Corbett (106).
The 36-hole tournament concludes today.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series