MOC men's golf competes at Neuse Tournament
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on September 19, 2007 2:37 PM
CLAYTON -- Jonathan Greene finished fifth out of 74 golfers and Mount Olive tied with archrival Barton College for fourth in team competition during the two-day Dogfight at the Neuse men's golf tournament.
Nine strokes separated the top five teams. Mount Olive carded a 36-hole total of 607.
The Trojans' Greene shot his second consecutive 73 to finish with a 2-over-par 146. Greene won last year's tournament in a playoff.
Mick Moberg (152) tied for 15th, Pete Skirpstas (159) tied for 41st, Ryan Campbell (160) tied for 44th and former Wayne Christian standout Clark Rose (164) tied for 50th.
A second Mount Olive squad finished 10th in the 12-team tournament. Johan Hagsund led the group with a 10th-place tie at 150.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series