Trojans finish 20th
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on September 27, 2007 2:57 PM
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Johan Hagsund tied for 58th out of 104 golfers and Mount Olive College finished 20th overall in the Coker College Men's Golf Invitational contested on the Orange County National Golf Club links.
Hagsund carded a 36-hole round of 149, including a second-day 73. The Trojans posted back-to-back rounds of 297 and 306 as a team during the two-day event.
Pete Skirpstas, who shot 1-under-par in the first round, tied for 70th with a 150. Jonathan Greene (153) tied for 81st, Lee Powell (154) tied for 86th and Mick Moberg (156) tied for 93rd.
More than half of the competitors posted higher scores in the second round.
The 21-team field included the 2006 NCAA Division II national champion (Barry, Fla.) and the current top two-ranked teams in the nation -- St. Edward's (Texas) and Florida Southern. St. Edward's defeated Florida Southern by five strokes, while Barry ended up 11 strokes behind the overall leader.
After competing in tournaments for three consecutive weeks, the Trojans are off until Oct. 20-21 when they conclude their fall schedule at the Tot Hill Farm Invitational, hosted by Pfeiffer University.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series