By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on October 1, 2007 1:48 PM
MOC Sports Information
MISENHEIMER -- Senior outside hitter Sam Mitchell emerged the top offensive leader with 10 kills as the Mount Olive College volleyball team suffered a 30-24, 30-19, 30-16 loss at Pfeiffer University on Sunday afternoon.
The Falcons (12-7 overall) snapped the Trojans' six-match win streak in Conference Carolinas play. Racey Bartley and Corie Skislak provided three blocks apiece for Mount Olive, which dropped to 10-9 overall and 6-2 against league opposition.
Joanie Werling served two aces.
Pfeiffer (6-3 CC) trails MOC and Limestone by a half-game in the standings. The Trojans are 11/2 games out of first place and a mere half-game out of second place.
Mount Olive continues its seven-match road swing Tuesday at in-state rival St. Andrews. The Knights handed the Trojans a 3-1 loss on Sept. 5. First serve is scheduled for 6:30 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series