By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 15, 2007 1:48 PM
RED SPRINGS -- Wayne Christian's girls tennis team concluded its regular season with a 7-2 victory over Flora MacDonald on Friday.
Brooke Barfield, Laura Lee Hodson, Samantha Reeves and Regan Hinton each earned singles wins for the Eagles.
Wayne Christian is now 8-5 overall and 5-0 in the Carolina Christian 1-A Conference. The Eagles begin conference tournament play on Friday.
Wayne Christian 7
Flora MacDonald 2
Singles: No. 1 Brooke Barfield (WC) d. Morgan Shook 8-0; No. 2 Laura Lee Hodson (WC) d. Nicole Williams 8-1; No. 3 Carrie Miller White (FM) d. Katie Fairchild 8-3; No. 4 Cameron Parnell (FM) d. Cynthia Burroughs 8-2; No. 5 Samantha Reeves (WC) d. Caroline Parnell 8-5; No. 6 Regan Hinton (WC) d. Rebecca Klingenschmidt 8-2
Doubles: No. 1 Barfield-Hodson (WC) d. Shook-Williams 8-5; No. 2 Fairchild-Burroughs (WC) d. Miller White-Parnell 8-4; No. 3 Reeves-Hinton (WC) d. Parnell-Rachel Robinson 8-1.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series