By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 23, 2007 2:54 PM
* Volleyball -- Norwayne remained unbeaten in 10 outings in a 25-18, 25-15, 25-14 win against Brogden. Courtnei Gilbert led the Cobras with 10 service points while Haley Daniels added nine. Norwayne entertains Dillard on Wednesday.
* Volleyball -- Mount Olive kept Dillard searching for its first win of 2007 after beating the Tigers 25-19, 25-13, 21-25, 25-8 on Monday. Cherisse White led Dillard with 18 service points and an ace while Kasheika Wallace added 12 points. Dillard (0-11) visits Norwayne on Wednesday.
* Boy's soccer -- Eastern Wayne (8-2-0) handed Spring Creek (8-1-0) its first loss of the season, 5-2, on Monday afternoon. Tyler Brown, Tyler Muehlenthaler, Alan Lapean and Steven Taylor (two goals) each scored for the Warriors. Edgar Rangel and Antonio Avila supplied the Gators' goals.
* Boy's soccer -- Chase Thompson had two goals to help Norwayne tie Brogden 3-3 on Monday afternoon. Trey Millard added the other score for Norwayne. Bryan Johnson had two assists and Juan Pina one for Norwayne. In goal, Nick Hilker came away with six saves. Norwayne (5-5-2 overall) plays host to Eastern Wayne on Thursday.
* Boy's soccer -- Nathan Huyser tallied five goals to lead Rosewood to a 7-0 victory over Grantham on Monday afternoon. Logan Bill added two goals and an assist for the Eagles. Rosewood travels to Spring Creek on Thursday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series