By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 25, 2007 1:48 PM
LaGRANGE -- Tarboro topped North Lenoir 3-1 in the championship game of the Class 2-A Eastern Plains Conference men's soccer tournament on Wednesday night.
Ethan Schilf tallied the only goal of the night for the Hawks on a pass from Hugo Garcia.
North Lenoir fell to 13-8-3 overall after sharing the regular-season crown with the Vikings and Greene Central. All three teams advance to the N.C. High School Athletic Association playoffs, which begin next Wednesday.
First-round oppoonents have not been finalized by the NCHSAA. The pairings are expected to be released by the weekend.
* Volleyball -- Behind Misty Edwards' 20 service points, Norwayne had no trouble remaining undefeated as it whipped Dillard 25-12, 25-5, 25-9 on Wednesday. Rachel Jordan added 11 service points for Norwayne, which improved to 11-0 overall. The Cobras entertain Eastern Wayne today.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series