Trojans fall at Coker
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on October 31, 2007 2:42 PM
HARTSVILLE, S.C. -- Sam Mitchell recorded a career-high 32 kills and Kari Ham came off the bench in game two to spark a rally and establish a number of personal career highs, but the Trojans came up short in a 30-20, 28-30, 29-31, 30-26, 18-16 loss at Conference Carolinas foe Coker.
Ham recorded career highs of 10 kills and three aces, and matched a career high with five blocks to go along with 14 digs.
The result, coupled with Anderson's win over Converse Tuesday, eliminated Mount Olive's chance of finishing in the top four of the standings and hosting a quarterfinal-round match in next week's conference tournament. The Trojans still have a chance for a first-round bye.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series