Monarchs cruise past Trojans
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on November 1, 2007 3:15 PM
MOC Sports Information
NORFOLK, Va. -- Old Dominion used a 12-0 run as the springboard to an 83-53 victory over Mount Olive College in a men's exhibition basketball game Wednesday evening.
The Trojans trailed 29-26 at halftime and by one before the Monarchs produced the game-breaking run. Brandon Streeter ended up two rebounds shy of a double-double with 13 points and eight boards.
Old Dominion built the lead up to seven in the first 90 seconds after intermission. The Trojans came back with six unanswered points to close the gap to 33-32 with 18:04 left to play.
After the two teams exchanged baskets, Old Dominion scored the next 12 points to ignite a 36-10 run as the Monarchs extended their advantage to 71-44 with 6:46 remaining.
Mount Olive entertains the Kazakhstan National Team in an exhibition game next Tuesday. Tip-off is 7 p.m. at Kornegay Arena.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series