Rosewood routs Princeton
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on November 4, 2007 2:28 AM
From staff reports
Sean Cornman threw a pair of touchdown passes as Rosewood rolled past archrival Princeton 39-13 in the Class 1-A Carolina Conference regular-season finale for both teams Friday evening.
The Eagles won for the 29th time in 37 meetings against the Bulldogs.
Josh Holmes put Rosewood on the board with a 50-yard touchdown run. Cornman added a short scoring run and hit Holt Rains with a touchdown strike just before halftime.
Cornman and Taylor Allen hooked up in the fourth quarter to put the game away.
"We really felt good with our performance," Rosewood head coach Robert Britt said. "It was only the second time all year we've scored first. That's been a point of emphasis the last few weeks is trying to get our guys to come out and make some good things happen early."
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series