By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on November 20, 2007 1:49 PM
Wayne Country Day had little trouble improving to 2-0, with a 70-50 win over Terra Ceia on Monday night.
The Chargers led 12-4 after one quarter, and took a 29-17 lead into halftime. Reco McCarter led Wayne Country Day with 21 points and 11 rebounds.
Floronta Wynn added 16 points, four steals and three assists.
The Chargers travel to Pikeville on Friday to play C.B. Aycock in the Charles B. Aycock Invitational.
SNOW HILL -- Despite 24 points from Bobby Waters, Greene Central couldn't hold off South Central on Monday night, as the Rams fell 78-68.
The Rams (0-1) host Kinston on Wednesday.
GC comes up short
SNOW HILL -- Greene Central opened its season with a 69-35 home loss to South Central on Monday evening.
Shonice Pettaway led the Rams (0-1 overall) with 18 points. Jocelyn Connor added nine.
Greene Central will host Kinston on Wednesday.
WCDS earns win
Brooke Norris and Catherine Ford each scored 16 points to lead Wayne Country past Terra Ceia 58-47 on Monday.
Bridgette Briggs added 14 points, and and Jessica Lewis finished with six.
The Chargers improved to 1-1 overall.
SNOW HILL -- South Central handed Greene Central a 56-37 setback on Monday night.
Danny Whitaker finished with nine points for the Rams (0-1 overall), and Eric Johnson added eight.
Wayne Country Day eased past Terra Ceia 71-21 on Monday.
Johnny Gallman scored 18 points to go along with nine rebounds. Cameron Ford finished 11 points and seven steals, and Stone Stewart had 10 points and eight rebounds.
The Chargers (2-0) visit Trinity of Fayetteville on Nov. 27.
Chargers go down
Terra Ceia slipped past Wayne Country Day 26-21 on Monday.
Mack Thompson scored eight points for the Chargers (0-2).
* Boys basketball -- Wayne Christian downed Faith of Rocky Mount 39-30 on Monday evening. Josiah Davis led the way with 15 points and 12 rebounds. Chase Darden finished with 10 points and six steals. Kyle Sasser had five points, and Chandler Harrell added four points and 12 rebounds. The Eagles (2-0 overall) host Cape Fear Christian on Nov. 29.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series