Rosewood gymnasts fare well in season-opening meet
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on December 9, 2007 2:02 AM
RALEIGH -- The Rosewood High women's gymnastics team entered its first meet of the competitive year on Friday evening looking to build on last year's success as the state runner-up.
The squad competed in Raleigh against a field of 18 teams with a total of 52 athletes. The Eagles came away with a sixth-place finish in team competition with 105.15 points.
Sophomore Sarah Conger led the team with an all-around score of 36.10, which placed her 14th overall. Her sister, junior Kaitlyn Conger, added 34.95 points, which was good enough for 24th place. Sophomore Francesca Verceles-Zara pitched in 34.10 total points.
Rosewood returns to action Friday in Apex.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series