By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on December 14, 2007 4:11 PM
* Eastern Wayne girls 42, New Bern 16 -- Mauriel Baker led the Warriors (5-1) with 13 points. Janielle Daniel, Sedonia Scott and Morgan Smith each scored five points. Eastern Wayne hosts Jacksonville on Tuesday.
* Mount Olive boys 47, Dillard 23 -- Breyon Johnson scored 20 points for Mount Olive and Juan Pearsall added six. Mount Olive (5-0, 2-0) hosts Rosewood on Wednesday.
* Rosewood boys 58, Grantham 27 -- Nathan Huyser paced Rosewood with 25 points and Shane Whitley contributed 12. Kendrick Williams and Zack Thorton each finished with six points. C.J. Cole led Grantham with eight points. Rosewood (3-1, 1-0) visits Mount Olive on Monday.
* Wayne Christian boys 37, Faith of Rocky Mount 23 -- Chase Darden led the Eagles attack with 19 points and Josiah Davis pitched in 12 points and 11 rebounds. Wayne Christian (8-0, 4-0) hosts Saint Mary's on Jan. 8.
* Faith of Rocky Mount girls 11, Wayne Christian 9 -- Courtney Howell, Brittaney Kornegay, Katie Isenhower and Jordan Calvert each scored two points for the Eagles. Howell also had six steals and Meredith Burroughs pulled down nine rebounds. Wayne Christian (2-2, 1-0) host St. Mary's on Jan. 8.
* Mount Olive girls 48, Dillard 34 -- Paulette Spivey finished with 14 points for Mount Olive and Danielle Carlton added 12. Kasheika Wallace scored a game-high 18 points for Dillard and Shatoria Exum chipped in eight. Mount Olive (1-3, 0-1) entertains Eastern Wayne on Monday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series