By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on December 20, 2007 1:48 PM
Eastern Wayne's girls continued their hot start with a 70-38 win at home over North Lenoir on Wednesday evening.
Brittani Billups paced the Warriors with 28 points, 21 rebounds and six steals.
Lindsey Frederick had 10 points. Tiarra McIntyre added 8 points and nine assists and Danielle Daniel pitched in eight points. Jazmine Middleton finished with six points.
Eastern Wayne (8-2 overall) visits North Lenoir on Jan. 4.
FOUR OAKS -- Princeton lost for just the second time all season on Wednesday night suffering a 51-38 setback at South Johnston.
Ryan Daughtry had 19 points for the Bulldogs (8-2), Josh Barefoot scored 10 and Chris Hinton added six.
Princeton will face Jamesville at 5:30 p.m. on Dec. 27 in the Roanoke Holiday Tournament.
* Goldsboro boys 74, Rocky Mount 62 -- Resean Brewington poured in 40 points including seven 3-pointer's to lead the Cougars to victory on Tuesday. Jarran Reid added 12 points. Goldsboro (5-3 overall) visits Wilson Fike today.
* Rocky Mount boys 64, Goldsboro 58 -- Michael Sawyer led Goldsboro (7-3 overall) with 19 points, Adan Hobbs had 16 and Ra'De Simms finished with 10.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series