By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on December 27, 2007 3:41 PM
WILSON -- The Greene Central girls basketball team fell 50-36 to Wilson Hunt on Wednesday in the first round of the Wilson Daily Times Classic.
Shonice Pettaway scored a team-high 17 points for the Rams. Shanna Parker added four.
Greene Central plays Wilson Fike today.
In Sunday's edition of the News-Argus:
* Goldsboro senior Donald Pollock was misidentified by photo on the 2007 All-Area Football Team page. The player shown was Antonio Hines.
* Emily Northington was inadvertently omitted from the list of Eastern Wayne women's tennis players, who shared player of the year honors.
* It was reported that Caroline Schlaeppi won the Wayne County Championship women's cross country meet in 2006 and was named the News-Argus Female Runner of the Year the same season. Both awards were actually won by Jennifer Price at Wayne Christian.
The News-Argus regrets the inconvenience these errors might have caused.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series