Local Sports Digest
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on January 3, 2008 3:29 PM
From staff reports
ROCKY MOUNT -- Shantal Johnson had 15 points to lead Rosewood to a 45-32 victory at Rocky Mount Prep on Wednesday.
Haile Meadows finished with nine points and Mary Jo Moore added seven.
The Eagles play host to Wayne Country Day on Friday.
Hawks top CBA
LaGRANGE -- North Lenoir picked up a 48-40 non-conference win over visiting Charles B. Aycock on Wednesday evening.
Chantel Gaines led the Golden Falcons with 17 points.
Aycock (1-11 overall) hosts SouthWest Edgecombe on Monday.
Road unkind to Rebels
SALEMBURG -- North Duplin placed just one scorer in double figures and fell 41-22 at Lakewood on Wednesday.
Jodie Williamson finished with 11 points and Jessica Pridgen and Rebecca Coats each had four points.
The Rebels dropped to 2-2 and will travel to Union on Friday.
SALEMBURG -- Lakewood jumped on top of North Duplin 19-4 after one quarter, and the Rebels never recovered in a 65-49 loss on Wednesday night.
Quentin Graham paced the Rebels with 19 points and Chris Graham added 18.
The Rebels visit Union on Friday.
WILMINGTON -- John Hart finished with 15 points and Kendrick Thompson added 12, but it wasn't enough as Southern Wayne fell 56-47 at Wilmington Ashley on Wednesday.
The Saints (3-10) travel to Wallace-Rose Hill on Friday.
Hawks down CBA
LAGRANGE -- North Lenoir earned a 51-45 win over Charles B. Aycock on Wednesday.
Chris McPhail finished with a game-high 14 points for North Lenoir.
Jordan Riley had 12 points for the Golden Falcons. Leonard Compton and Khendra Reid each scored eight points and Jonathan Williams pitched in six.
Aycock dropped to 2-10 and will host SouthWest Edgecombe on Monday.
* North Lenoir boys 59, Charles B. Aycock -- Shepard Whitfield led the Golden Falcons (1-9) with 18 points and Matt Woodard added 13.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series