Tremie will manage K-Tribe
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on January 6, 2008 2:20 AM
Chris Tremie has been named manager of the Kinston Indians for the 2008 season. The 38-year-old was promoted to the Single A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians after managing Low A Lake County last spring.
A former draft pick by the Chicago White Sox in 1992, Tremie played professionally for 14 seasons in six different organizations after graduating from the University of Houston. He played 22 games in the Major Leagues in 1995.
Joining Tremie on staff will be Greg Hibbard (pitching coach), Jon Nunally (hitting coach) and Chad Wolfe (athletic trainer).
The K-Tribe opens its season Apr. 4. Season and flex ticket plans are now on sale. Telephone (252) 527-9111 for more information or visit www.kinstonindians.com.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series