Norlina foils Eagles in overtime
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on January 14, 2008 4:10 PM
Carolina Christian 1-A Conference foe Norlina Christian spoiled Wayne Christian's homecoming with 78-72 overtime victory on Saturday.
The Eagles rallied from 11 points down with just over five minutes to play in regulation. Mount Olive College signee Eric Williams knocked down three 3-pointer's in the final two-plus minutes to help tie the game.
After forcing a turnover, Wayne Christian had a chance to win the game with four seconds to play in the fourth quarter but a half court shot was off the mark.
Williams finished with 36 points, 14 rebounds, four blocks, three steals and three assists. Colton Wood had 12 points and two rebounds, Matt Davis scored 10 points and pulled down two boards, and Adam Brannan and Bradley Yelverton each had five points.
The Eagles (4-8 overall) host Community Christian on Tuesday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series