By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on January 15, 2008 1:48 PM
GREENVILLE -- Wayne Country Day's girls recorded their fifth straight win with a 54-2 romp over Oakwood on Monday.
Brooke Norris had 13 points for the Chargers (7-7 overall) and Kim Martell added 10.
Wayne Country Day visits Coastal Plains Independent 1-A Conference opponent Kerr-Vance on Friday.
* Wayne Christian girls 34, Cary Christian 21 -- Charity Wright had 11 points, 10 rebounds three steals and block for the Eagles (8-3). Devan Isenhower turned in a double-double with 11 points, 11 rebounds, three blocks and two steals and Carly Hightower contributed six points and six rebounds. Wayne Christian visits Faith of Rocky Mount on Friday.
* Greenwood boys 47, Norwayne 20 -- Shaq Wright tallied 14 points as Greenwood improved to 7-1. Brandon McCarter added nine points, 14 rebounds and eight blocks and Octavius Alston had eight points. Tykwan Days also pitched in seven points and four assists. Greenwood visits Brogden on Thursday.
* Rosewood boys 42, Eastern Wayne 38 -- Nathan Huyser scored a game-high 20 points and Shane Whitley added 11 as Rosewood moved into sole possession of first place in the Division I middle school conference with two games left to play. Javon Darden led Eastern Wayne with 15 points. Rosewood (5-4, 3-1 Div. 1) hosts Mount Olive on Thursday.
* Rosewood girls 32, Eastern Wayne 18 -- Laura Vinson paced Rosewood with 11 points, Keke Parks contributed five and Taylor Brock had four. Divoinne Powell scored eight points for Eastern Wayne and Raiuana Bovett added six.
* Wayne Christian girls 21, Cape Fear Christian 13 -- A stingy defense helped Wayne Christian jump out to a 7-2 and the Eagles never trailed. Brooke Barfield score 11 points and Niki Fitzmorris and Meredith Burroughs each had four. Wayne Christian (3-4, 2-1 CCC) host Greenville Christian on Friday.
* Norwayne girls 49, Greenwood 24 -- Courtnei Gilbert and Imari Howell each scored 10 points for Norwayne (8-0, 3-0) and Brooke Bell and Ivy Hartzell finished with eight and seven points respectively. Sarah Marquis led Greenwood with 11 points.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series