By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on January 18, 2008 3:48 PM
* Mount Olive boys 53, Rosewood 23 -- Mount Olive (11-0 overall, 5-0) remained unbeaten thanks to 18 points from Breyon Johnson and 12 from Quintae Bradshaw. Nathan Huyser scored eight points for Rosewood. Mount Olive entertains Dillard on Jan 28.
* Spring Creek boys 43, Grantham 41 -- Travon Parks scored 11 points for Spring Creek (5-5 overall, 2-4). Teammates Damerian Henderson contributed nine and De'Shar Thomas tallied eight. Keenan Winn had 32 points for Grantham. Spring Creek hosts Eastern Wayne on Jan. 28.
* Greenwood boys 34, Norwayne 29 -- Octavius Alston led Greenwood with 11 points and seven rebounds. Brandon McCarter had nine points, 10 rebounds and six blocks and Shaq Wright added eight points. Greenwood (8-1 overall) visits Norwayne on Thursday.
* Dillard girls 54, Eastern Wayne 41 -- Shatoria Exum poured in a career-high 30 points and Kasheika Wallace added 23 to lead Dillard to victory. Wallace finished with a double-double, pulling down more than 10 rebounds. Jasmine Benjamin had 20 points for Eastern Wayne and Divonne Powell pitched in eight. Dillard (3-6 overall, 2-2 Wayne County Middle School Division I) faces Mount Olive on Jan. 28.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series