By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on February 7, 2008 1:57 PM
BETHEL -- Lamar Hines' game-high 24 points was enough to lead North Pitt past visiting Goldsboro on the Class 2-A Eastern Plains Conference scene Tuesday.
Keovanta McDuffie led the Cougars with 14 points. Doshamora Simms had 12 points, while Tavon Murchison and Demetrio Irby both scored 10.
Goldsboro (12-9, 4-3 EPC) dropped into a second-place tie in the league with North Pitt. The Cougars entertain North Lenoir on Friday.
WILSON -- With a highly-anticipated rematch at Wilson Beddingfield set for Friday, Eastern Wayne took care of business with a 73-54 rout of Wilson Hunt on Tuesday.
Brittani Billups poured in 32 points to go with 15 rebounds and six blocked shots. Danielle Daniel pitched in 13 points. Lindsey Frederick had 11 points and Eboni Reid handed out seven assists.
Victoria White scored 15 points for Hunt.
Eastern Wayne (15-3 overall) carries its 6-1 Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference worksheet to No. 1-ranked Beddingfield. The Bruins have won 27 consecutive regular-season ECC games.
* North Pitt boys 41, Goldsboro 35 -- Resean Brewington led the Cougars with 14 points and Michael Langston added eight. Goldsboro (9-7, 4-3 Eastern Plains 2-A) entertains North Lenoir on Friday.
* Eastern Wayne girls 48, Wilson Hunt 22 -- Mauriel Baker scored 11 points for Eastern Wayne (13-2, 4-1 Eastern Carolina 3-A). Janielle Daniel and O'teria Dortch each scored seven points.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series