Prep basketball playoff pairings
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on February 24, 2008 3:05 AM
From staff reports
Eastern Wayne is the lone women's team to earn a first-round home game in the Class 3-A N.C. High School Athletic Association sectional playoffs, which begin Monday.
The Warriors, the Eastern Carolina Conference tournament champs, play host to wild-card entry Southern Alamance. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. at New Hope.
Also playing Monday: Goldsboro at Eastern Guilford; Southern Wayne at Currituck County; Princeton at Pender County and North Duplin at East Bladen.
All games are slated for 7 p.m. starts.
The men's portion begins Tuesday.
Eastern Plains 2-A regular-season and tournament runner-up Goldsboro (16-11 overall) entertains Northwest Halifax. Meanwhile, Carolina 1-A runner-up Princeton (17-8) looks to snap a three-game skid at home against Weldon. Both games commence at 7 p.m.
In 3-A play, Eastern Wayne travels to Northeastern Coastal champion Hertford County. Southern Wayne makes a return trip to the Outer Banks to face Currituck County.
On the 1-A scene, Rosewood is the guest of perennial power West Columbus.
Second-round games are Wednesday and Thursday, with the finals on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series