Local Sports Digest
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 17, 2008 1:48 PM
From staff reports
LaGRANGE -- North Lenoir continued its early season dominance with a 16-1 drubbing of Kinston on Saturday.
Stephen Pridgen, Tyler Potter and Mike Wetherington each had two hits for the Hawks. John Alphin and C.C. Croom added hits and Ethan Shilf chipped in with a grand slam.
Wetherington got the start on the mound and didn't allow a hit while striking out seven and walking two. Carter Capps worked an inning in relief give up one run on two hits to go with two strikeouts and a walk.
North Lenoir (6-0) entertains Spring Creek on Thursday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series