K-Tribe wins in 16 innings
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 11, 2008 3:11 PM
Carlos Rivero delivered the game-winning hit in the 16th inning as Kinston edged Frederick 6-5 at historic Grainger Stadium earlier this morning.
The Carolina League contest took nearly five hours to complete and each team used six pitchers. All three games in the series were decided by one run.
Trailing 5-4, Beau Mills and Jared Goedert started Kinston's comeback with back-to-back singles in the 16th. Nick Weglarz drew an intentional walk to load the bases for Rivero, who concluded the night 3-for-7 with two RBI.
Mills trotted home on a wild pitch and Rivero knocked home Goedert.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series