Mudcats slam Biscuits
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 14, 2008 1:48 PM
Carolina hit a grand slam in consecutive games for the first time in club history and cruised past Montgomery 9-2 at Five County Stadium on Sunday afternoon.
It was the teams' series finale.
One day after Lee Mitchell hit a slam in his first game back at Double A, Andrew Jenkins clobbered a 3-1 pitch out to left field with the bases loaded against Biscuits reliever Jeffrey Kamrath. Jenkins' first home run of the year extended Carolina's lead to 9-2.
The Mudcats moved to 7-3 overall.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series