MOC baseball remains No. 1
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on April 15, 2008 3:20 PM
Mount Olive remained No. 1 in the latest Collegiate Baseball Division II top 30 poll and climbed back to the top spot in the Ping Baseball top 30 poll.
The Trojans (40-4 overall) also kept their No. 1 spot in the South Atlantic Region poll, which helps determine qualifiers to the NCAA Tournament.
Mount Olive concluded regular-season Conference Carolinas play with a three-game sweep over regionally-ranked Belmont Abbey. The Trojans posted 39 runs in the series and established season highs for hits (22) and runs (21) in Sunday's finale.
The Trojans begin defense of their Conference Carolinas tournament title Thursday in Wilson. They face either eighth-seeded St. Andrews or ninth-seeded Coker at 4 p.m. on the historic Fleming Stadium diamond.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series