ECU beats The Citadel
Published in Sports on April 17, 2008 2:56 PM
Dustin Harrington delivered a bases-loaded single in the 10th inning as No. 23-ranked East Carolina escaped The Citadel 4-3 on Wednesday evening.
Tied at 3-3 in the 10th, the Pirates' Brandon Henderson singled to left field for his third hit of the night. Kyle Roller followed with a double to left center field before Jamie Ray received a free pass fill the bases for Harrington.
Seth Simmons, who entered with runners in scoring position in the The Citadel's 10th, posted three consecutive outs to get the win.
ECU improved to 27-10 overall.
The Pirates return to action this weekend for a pivotal Conference USA series at No. 7-ranked Rice. The Owls (28-10) are 10-2 in conference play, while East Carolina is 8-4 after a sweep over Marshall.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series