MOC baseball remainss number one
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 22, 2008 1:49 PM
Mount Olive, for the third straight week, is the nation's top-ranked Division II team in the latest Collegiate Baseball and Ping Baseball top 30 polls.
The Trojans (44-5 overall) received 476 of 480 points in the Collegiate Baseball rankings, eight points ahead of Emporia State (Kan.), which owns the nation's longest winning streak at 35 games.
The NCBWA poll will be released today.
Mount Olive rallied from five runs down to beat Belmont Abbey 13-9 on Sunday and capture its third consecutive Conference Carolinas tournament championship. The Trojans earned their third straight trip to the South Atlantic Regional, which will be played May 15-18.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series