American Legion season passes coming soon
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 25, 2008 1:48 PM
Season passes will be available soon for the 2008 Wayne County American Legion Post 11 baseball season.
The pass is $35 and all home games will be played at the Doyle Whitfield Athletic Complex on the Southern Wayne campus. Single-game admission prices have not been determined.
Post 11 opens its season at home May 22 against Durham.
John Gourley and Sonny Wooten will share athletic officer duties this season. Other offseason changes included finding a new board to help raise money for the program. The members are Rooster Narron, Doyle Whitfield, Wayne Sullivan, George Whitfield and Ken Snell.
For season pass information, telephone Narron at 920-8181, Whitfield at 734-8367 or Sullivan at 920-2131.
Wayne County finished state runner-up last season.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series