ECU, Ray slam Sehawks
Published in Sports on April 30, 2008 2:59 PM
Jamie Ray slugged a first-inning, grand slam and No. 30-ranked East Carolina cruised past UNC Wilmington 14-7 at Brooks Field on Tuesday evening.
Ray's second career grand slam sparked a five-run, first-inning uprising for the Pirates (33-13 overall). Harrison Eldridge added three hits and two RBI, while Stephen Batts went 2-for-3 with an RBI. Dustin Harrington (two RBI) and Trent Whitehead contributed two hits apiece.
T.J. Hose (4-4) earned the mound with two-plus innings of relief out of the bullpen. Starter Brad Mincey left the game in the second inning with a fingernail injury.
ECU begins a three-game, Conference USA series at home Friday against UAB. First pitch is 7 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series