Trojans make second-day run on course
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on May 7, 2008 3:51 PM
MOORESVILLE -- Johan Hagsund birdied four consecutive holes and carded a 2-under par 70 during second-day competition in the 2008 NCAA Division II Men's Atlantic/Southeast Super Regional golf tournament.
Hagsund's strong round helped Mount Olive match its lowest 18-hole team score (296) in postseason play and jump to third overall in the Atlantic Region standings. The Trojans have a two-day total of 607.
Hagsund finished the turn at 2-under and was 3-under through 13 holes. However, he recorded a birdie and two bogeys on the final five holes to end the day tied for eighth in individual competition at 149. He was just one of five Atlantic Region golfers to shoot under par on Tuesday.
Ryan Campbell is tied for 11th after firing a 1-over par 73, giving him a 36-hole score of 150. Mick Moberg shot a 76 for the second consecutive round and is tied for 15th overall at 152. Johnathan Greene is tied for 22nd, while Pete Skirptas is tied for 36th.
Belmont Abbey leads the Atlantic Region with a 587, followed by Barton with a 599.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series