By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 8, 2008 3:17 PM
PIKEVILLE -- One night after pulling off an upset of fourth-seeded Wilson Beddingfield, the Eastern Wayne softball team couldn't make it two in a row.
Top-seeded Charles B. Aycock eliminated the Warriors 11-0 from the Class 3-A Eastern Carolina Conference tournament.
Emily Jordan tossed a five inning, one-hitter for the Golden Falcons. She added a double at the plate.
C.B. Aycock used a five-run fifth inning to send the fans to the exit early.
Anna Sullivan batted 3-for-3 to lead the victors at the plate. She was complimented by two-hit nights from Stevie Savage and Brooke Edgerton. Savage and Edgerton also combined for for five RBI.
Aycock's victory sets up a showdown with cross-county foe Southern Wayne on Friday night. Game time is 7 p.m.
BARCO -- Currituck scored in the 55th minute off a corner kick and held on for a 1-0 victory over C.B. Aycock in their first-round, N.C. High School Athletic Association 3-A playoff game.
Aycock concluded the season 8-11-2 overall.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series