By Andrew Stevens
Published in Sports on May 12, 2008 1:49 PM
From staff reports
CHARLOTTE -- Three-peat complete.
Faith Christian claimed its third consecutive N.C. Christian Schools Association Class 2-A softball championship with a 4-3 victory over Trinity Christian-Greenville on Saturday.
All-State selection Jennifer Christopher slugged a home run and earned the victory in the pitcher's circle. First-team, all-NCCSA Region 2-A pick Broke Anderson contributed two hits, while Renee Provencal added one hit.
Provencal was also named to the All-State squad.
"This feels great," said Conquerors head coach Jeff Stocks, whose team finished the year 14-3 overall. "Last year, we were a good defensive team and we didn't hit the ball that great. This year, our hitting has really improved a lot. Saturday's finals was a great game with a lot of excitement."
The Conquerors defeated Tri-Cities Christian from Winston-Salem 12-2 in the semifinal round. Anderson emerged the offensive leader with four hits, while Christopher and Provencal cranked out two hits apiece.
Christopher claimed the mound win.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series