Raynor lifts Cats in 12th
Published in Sports on May 16, 2008 3:57 PM
John Raynor delivered a run-scoring sacrifice fly in the 12th inning as Carolina edged division-leading Huntsville 3-2 on Thursday evening.
The Mudcats snapped the Stars' six-game win streak.
Carolina tied the game at 2-2 on Gaby Sanchez's eighth-inning, two-RBI double. Sanchez extended his hitting streak to 11 games.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series