K-Tribe benefits from error
Published in Sports on May 21, 2008 4:03 PM
Carlos Rivero scampered home on a ninth-inning throwing error and Kinston turned back Myrtle Beach 4-3 on Wednesday evening.
Tied at 3-3, Rivero drew a two-out walk to start the game-clinching rally. Jared Head doubled down the third-base line and the Pelicans' left fielder attempted to throw Rivero out at third.
The errant throw sailed to the backstop and gave the K-Tribe their 18th win of the season.
Kinston hurlers Luis Perdomo, Matt Meyer and Mike Pontius combined for four innings of shutout relief. Meyer earned the mound win.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series