K-Tribe fall to Wilmington
Published in Sports on June 3, 2008 1:58 PM
Wilmington pitcher Ed Cegarra, a 19-year-old making his second start of the season, notched three strikeouts in a seven-inning stretch as the Blue Rocks topped Kinston 2-1 on Monday evening.
Nick Weglarz supplied the K-Tribe's lone RBI hit.
Cegarra and the Wilmington bullpen combined to retire the final 17 batters they faced.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series